Position: Business Manager, Pittsburgh Section
Job Type: Full-time
Start Date: Spring 2021
MISSION AND ORGANIZATION OVERVIEW:
NCJW Pittsburgh Section is a grassroots organization of volunteers and advocates who turn progressive ideals into action. Inspired by Jewish values, NCJW strives for social justice by improving the quality of life for women, children, and families. We actively aim to live our values in the workplace, including family-friendly flexibility.
NCJW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age.
NCJW is looking for an experienced business manager to be a key partner on the NCJW team! The ideal candidate will be committed to the NCJW mission and values, will bring relevant experience to this job and will contribute to NCJW’s programs. The Business Manager provides direct support and services to the Executive Director and other senior staff in the areas of human resources, office management, database & information management, and finance. The Business Manager will work with other staff to develop systems and processes to maximize NCJW operations.
Specific Duties Include:
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgment letters
- Manage all aspects of database/CRM
- Manage event registration, documentation and communication with event chairs
- Assist with grant preparation, management and reporting
- Manage personnel and HR-related matters including but not limited to: personnel files, background checks/clearances, payroll, PTO, benefit plans, onboarding, policies and procedures.
- Assist finance vendor to resolve any outstanding financial issues or discrepancies
- Run QuickBooks financial statements as needed
- Assist in the development of reports and other preparation for Board meetings
- Work with finance vendor to prepare quarterly and annual tax reports
- Assist with annual budget preparation
- Prepare schedules and coordinate annual financial audits
- Oversee the functionality, maintenance, upgrading, and ordering of office equipment and supplies
- Ensure the safe-guarding of information systems through access controls and password protection
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail
- Oversee tenant lease(s)
- Oversee general upkeep of office building
- Develop and implement new policies and procedures as required to improve operational efficiencies and to maintain adequate internal financial controls
The ideal candidate has:
- A passion for non-profit values and understanding of non-profit business operations
- 3-5 years relevant administrative, HR and/or bookkeeping experience
- Strong organization skills, attention to detail and accuracy coupled with strong project management capability
- Familiarity with donor database management (CRM)
- Knowledge of QuickBooks and bookkeeping experience
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to act with integrity and professionalism
- Strong technical skills including but not limited to Microsoft Office, G-Suite applications and virtual conference technology
- Positive attitude, eagerness to learn, flexible with the ability to adapt to change; maintain confidentiality
- Capacity to work occasional evenings and occasional weekend day/s
- Ability to work independently, either in the office or remotely, depending on needs of the organization
- Pennsylvania Children Protection Law certifications (or must obtain)
$45,000 – $50,000 annual salary with generous healthcare and PTO benefits
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes received by March 12 will be included in the initial review. Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified. NCJW Pittsburgh is an equal opportunity employer.