NCJW Pittsburgh Section is currently seeking a Director of Programming.
The Director of Programming is responsible for all aspects of (i) membership and volunteer recruitment and engagement; (ii) special event management; and (iii) community service and advocacy program oversight and coordination. The Director of Programming reports to the Executive Director (ED).
- Initiating and developing programs to attract, engage, and encourage interaction among members and volunteers.
- Serving as the staff support and liaison to the Membership, Annual Meeting, Community Service, and Advocacy Committees, as well as the Leadership Development Program and other affinity groups.
- Working with volunteer staff to develop and advance the Leadership Development Program and other special interest and affinity groups, such as the Young Women’s Group.
- Working with volunteers to organize, plan, and coordinate special events and programs
- Developing, implementing and coordinating community service projects and advocacy programs and directing associated volunteer activities.
- Creating partnerships and collaborations for community service and advocacy efforts and activities in cooperation with ED.
- Assisting the ED with fund development opportunities.
- Working with the Marketing Manager and ED to promote awareness and encourage support of all membership, community service and advocacy projects.
- Ensuring membership’s awareness of all of the advocacy initiatives of NCJW, Inc. (National).
- Formulating and submitting annually to the Controller a preliminary operational budget for membership and volunteer management, the Annual Meeting, community service and advocacy and managing programs within approved budget.
- Other duties as assigned by the ED.
The qualified candidate should possess the following skills:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in non-profit organization program development or management, or related experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel
- Experience working with volunteers
- Proficient in using technology, including social media
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well in a team environment and under pressure
- Ability to interact professionally with ED, Board and staff at all levels of the organization
- Physical fitness, including ability to lift 10 pounds
- Driver’s license
- Ability to work occasional nights and weekends