Another Designer Days has come and gone! Our 48th annual Fall Designer Days was a huge success, with lots of old friends and new faces stopping by Thriftique to shop great designer finds for a great cause. This event gets bigger and bigger every year, and we’re already looking forward to 2019!
Thank you to the following individuals, professionals, and businesses who so generously donated their time, talents, and goods to make Fall Designer Days 2018 such a success.
A special thank you to:
- Our Designer Days Committee, including Jill Loiben and Carol Kinkela, owner of Carabella Oakmont.
- Marcia Baumfield and Adora Holstein, for finding wonderful food and beverage sponsors for our “Couture Carnival” patron party and all of our volunteers throughout the sale.
- Patrice McKenzie, founder of Thrift Out Loud, who organized the entire Sneak Peek photoshoot, shared Designer Days updates on social media, and appeared on Pittsburgh Today Live with our board president, Debbie Green.
- Lindsay B. Garvin photography, for taking beautiful Sneak Peek photos for us again this year.
- Neil Richmond Photography, who generously documented our “Couture Carnival” patron party as a gift to the community.
- Sonia McKoy, CIC, founder of Style Management Experience, who lent her talents as a color analyst to Designer Days shoppers on Friday and Saturday.
- Brad Orsini, Director of Jewish Community Security with the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh and EDIT Security Solutions, for sending a professional security officer to provide an added layer of security for the entire sale.
- Stetson Convention Services, for contributing their support to the Jewish community. When we went to pick up the colorful drapery for the Patron Party, we were told to “rip up the check.” Thank you!
Designer Days is the largest annual fundraiser for NCJW Pittsburgh. For 48 years, proceeds have supported our efforts to improve the lives of women, children and families through advocacy and community service projects including: Suit Yourself voucher program, Project Prom, The Center for Women, and Back 2 School Store.