MomsWork, formerly known as Center for Women, is a program powered by NCJW Pittsburgh. This program, thanks to founding funder and partner Jewish Women’s Foundation, continues the important work of empowering women who seek financial wellbeing through a strengthened focus on moms.
We recognize that all moms work. MomsWork encourages, inspires, and supports moms to earn a paycheck and search for new employment – all while they manage their family’s evolving needs.
MomsWork Provides Support Three Ways:
- Education – MomsWork offers a variety of education content designed to increase personal and professional financial wellbeing. Check out our recent podcasts here.
- Networking – There are close to 500 people in our MomsWork network on LinkedIn – a community convened to share open employment positions and get/give insider perspective and intelligence on what it’s really like to work there. Join us!
- Advocacy – All MomsWork advocacy efforts focus on improving the lives of working families. Currently, MomsWork is centered on advocating to strengthen and stabilize child care, including improving access, increasing affordability, and ensuring fair compensation for early childhood educators.
In addition, MomsWork is currently offering a Working Moms Support Group. These small, in-person, and virtual groups meet regularly to empower, network, and share strategies in a safe, judgment free zone. Child care is provided.
MomsWork also helps connect individuals to the resources needed to advocate for themselves to their employers and legislators for flexible work schedules, remote work, paid sick leave, lactation rooms, and paid family leave.
How To Get Involved
If you know a mom, if you have a mom, or if you are a mom, MomsWork wants to stay connected to you.
- Register for our events here.
- Join our educational and networking programs or participate in child care advocacy efforts, by filling out this form.
- Join our social networks on Facebook and Instagram at @momsworkPGH
MomsWork programs are open to anyone, regardless of background, faith, or socio-economic status. We are committed to understanding and responding to the evolving challenges faced by all moms in our community.
Thank you to our funders:
Jack Buncher Foundation * The Heinz Endowments * Jewish Women’s Foundation* Opportunity Fund * PNC Charitable Trusts * Shear Family Foundation