Position: Executive Director
Reports To: President and Board of Directors
All employees are required to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The Executive Director provides leadership, administration, management, and supervision of NCJW programs and staff to achieve the organization’s mission within its four units of operation: direct service and advocacy programming, Children’s Rooms at the Courthouse, Thriftique Retail Store and MomsWork. The Executive Director exercises independent judgment and decision-making authority as delegated, including administration of the budget, policies and procedures, staff supervision, and fund development. The ED will strengthen external partnerships, and forge new ones, increasing community outreach and engagement in the organization’s work to speak out and stand up for women, children, and families in our region. The ED will ensure that programs align with our mission, advance social change, and support anti-racism and gender equity principles.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising and communications
● Actively engage and energize volunteers, board members, event committees, partner organizations, and funders
● Oversee the management of the full NCJW team (approximately 20 staff) with 5 direct reports. Team is in 3 different locations (plus remote), and includes both exempt and non-exempt, and full and part-time employees
● Prepare annual operating budget and manage effectively within this budget
● Serve as NCJW Pittsburgh Section spokesperson
● Maintain and support a strong Board of Directors and prepare for monthly board meetings
● Develop, implement and manage an integrated annual fundraising plan and stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors and expanding and diversifying donor base/pipeline. Develop and oversee execution of all grant proposals
QUALIFICATIONS & WORK EXPERIENCE:
● Excellence in organizational management with the ability to lead a high-performing team, set and achieve strategic
objectives, and manage a budget
● A persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, and a proven track record of building consensus to achieve results
● Strong connections to the Pittsburgh Jewish community
● Bachelors’ degree with a minimum of five years of senior management experience
● History of effective leadership of a non-profit organization
SALARY RANGE: $90,000 – $105,000, commensurate with experience; and a benefits package consistent with other nonprofit organizations similar in size, scope and scale
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCESS:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: NCJWED2022@gmail.com.
NCJW is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, or age. Working parents are encouraged to apply.